HOW TO ADD £50,000 VALUE TO YOUR HOME IN JUST 7 DAYS
The experts reveal the quickest home improvements to boost your home’s worth…
There are many ways to add value to your property, from installing new bathroom features to sprucing up your garden.
But did you know that there are certain things you can do that can add a whopping £50,000 to your home in just seven days?
According to new research from the Federation of Master Builders (FMB) and the HomeOwners Alliance (HOA), certain renovations can add tens of thousands to your property’s value in a very short space of time.
“By investing less than £3,500 on the creation of an open-plan kitchen and diner, homeowners in London can add a whopping £50,000 to the value of their home in just one week,” Brian Berry, chief executive of the FMB, said.
“If you’re looking to move up the property ladder, it’s obviously in your best interests to increase the value of your home as much as possible. By investing in low cost, high return projects, not only will you make your home a more pleasant place to live, you’ll also be increasing its value significantly.
“Better still, these projects take no time at all so the hassle factor will be kept to an absolute minimum.”
Here is a selection of home improvement jobs and the value they add to your home, according to the experts…
1. Removing an internal wall to create an open-plan kitchen and diner – £48,417 in seven days to average London home.
2. Building a garden room or outside playroom for the kids – £35,611 in 14 days to average Surrey home.
3. Investing in kitchen improvements such as new flooring, a new worktop and new cabinet doors – £26,838 in eight days to average Dorset home.
4. Converting a cupboard under the stairs into a downstairs toilet – £26,708 in seven days to average Surrey home.
5. Converting part of the master bedroom into an ensuite bathroom – £14,525 in 11 days to average London home.
6. Building a new driveway – £13,354 in nine days to average Surrey home.
7. Installing decking and lighting in the back garden – £8,946 in seven days to average Dorset home.